After getting invited in Gmail i messed arround with it a couple of days and decided to make it my primary e-mail.
Its simple, fast, LARGE, and cool (maybe not so mush as it was when it launched…).
So I sent 2 info e-mails to all my contacts, 100 e-mail addresses each (thats the gmail limit per message) to let my friends and colleagues know I switched.
I used to use Yahoo and Hotmail as my main e-mails as well as my provider’s and my host’s so it was a mess.
So after sending the 200 notices I began to import (redirect) the old messages from Yahoo and Hotmail.
Detailed instructions can be found here.
You will need Eudora, Hotmail Popper, Yahoo Pops and a can of soda.
500 messages later Gmail reported that I am using 2% of my 1000 mb limit…
After that you need to label all this mess, archive them all and you are done.
The catch was that e-mails in Greek language where a hit and miss situation even if I tried all the encoding options of Firefox 0.9.
But this is a known issue as it is reported in Features, Fixes, & Feedback by the Gmail devs.
Oh by the way…I have 2 Gmail invites left…
Just leave a smart commnent…
Oops…both invites are gone….